Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Too Many Cats!!


My daughter has this cat I've never liked....her name is Scarface. She's a calico cat and her face is split down the middle in different colors. I've always thought she was an ugly cat, but she was the baby of my daughter's favorite cat who was hit by a car and killed, so I let her keep her. As long as she was an OUTSIDE cat. (we have several outside cats already)

For some reason, Scarface likes me. I don't know why. I'm not mean to her or anything, I just don't particularly care for her. I think she's ugly. My daughter thinks she looks neat. Ha!

Well, Scarface got pregnant, and for the last few weeks she's been overly fat and miserable, so I've been nice and let her be a house cat. She wanted in the house, and who am I to deny her that comfort? It's been so hot outside, and I know I prefer the central air, so I couldn't just leave Scarface outside in that heat now could I??

My husband HATES any kind of animal in the house. He has no sense of humor when it comes to our pets, and he doesn't beat around the bush when giving his opinion. Actually, he really doesn't have much of a sense of humor whatever the subject. But THAT's another story....*lol*

Unbeknown'st to my husband, Scarface has been hiding under our bed to sleep at nite. I've seen her there, but as long as she doesn't bother me, I don't bother her. And since I know what it's like to be pregnant and miserable, I let her stay.

Unfortunately, she liked it under there a little TOO much, and yesterday afternoon she had her babies there. The quilt to our king-sized bed lay on the floor at the foot of the bed since it got too hot the nite before and was kicked onto the floor.

So guess where Scarface decided to have her babies??? You guessed it! Right there, at the foot of our bed, on my favorite quilt, which was on the floor. Fortunately for her, she waited until hubby went to work to do this. Otherwise I think a few things might have gone flying in the air!

Now, if I were any kind of a housekeeper, I would have made my bed that morning. But NOoooo...Not me! It wasn't bothering me to have it lay there on the floor. But it bothers me now!!

I called daughter into the room when I saw all this, and yelled to her (in sort of a panic) that we had to clean up this mess before her father came home. She understood completely. hehe

So we gathered up the quilt, took it to the laundry room to let it soak until I came home from work last nite to take care of it. (In the meantime, hubby was suppose to just think I was cleaning the bedding, so I changed the sheets, too. (sneaky, eh?) Ü

Before going to work that afternoon, I instructed daughter on where to move the cat and her kitties in an out-of-dad's-way place, making a new 'bed' for them elsewhere.

A short while later, I get a phone call at work from daughter saying, "I've tried moving Scarface and her babies to different places in the house but she keeps going back to your bedroom door and clawing at it with a baby in her mouth!" Now, in some ways this really was funny, but the thought of 'Dad' coming home to find these cats in the bedroom sobered me up pretty fast. So I told her of a different spot to move them, and Scarface did the same thing. After a few phone calls and each time Scarface clawing at my bedroom door wanting in, I finally told daughter to open my bedroom door and let her do what she wants, and to tell her dad when he got home not to get upset, that I was going to take care of it as soon as I got off work. Ü

So....I get home, try to hide the cat and kitties under my bed, and each time Scarface moves her kitties right inside my bedroom door, out in the open where hubby has to walk around them when coming in or out of the bedroom. Is this a stupid cat or what?? I mean, she HAS to know he doesn't like her even more than I!! *lol*

I finally told hubby what was going on (but not about that quilt!) and explained the situation to him and how persistant Scarface was, and told him he was just going to have to put up with it. (That actually went a lot better than I thot it would!) hehe
So last nite, Scarface and her babies happily (but not too quietly) slept in our bedroom, on the floor, in the corner by the door. She's happy, all five of her babies are happy, and evidently that's all that matters. Ü

No comments:

My Loves.....