Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Friday, August 10, 2007

I Love My Job!!

I've worked at this group home for quite a few years now, and I love it just as much today as I did the first day I started there! It's within a mile from my home, so that makes it nice in the winter time, since I hate driving in the winter! (what am I doing in Minnesota???!) Well, at least I don't have far to go! Ü I have fantastic bosses and co-workers who've become more like family than anything else. Everyone works so well together as a team, even when we disagree on something. We all love the folks we take care of....and everything we do there, we do for our folks. They are our first priority, as they should be.

When I'm not at work, I'm usually at home doing something homey. I'm just a home-body, I guess. Since my 'work' is home away from home for me, often you can find me there in my spare time (when I need a break from my gardening or other things I'm doing at home), just visiting with the folks and the staff and having coffee with them. It's really a wonderful, relaxing place to be. Everyone is family there! If you can't find me at MY home, you can probably find me at theirs! Ü

The other day we had a picnic and invited lots of other folks over. Boy, what a turnout!
Everything was sooo perfect!! The weather was absolutely beautiful, (I worried it would rain), the gardens and the trail were breath-taking as usual (we work hard to make sure it stays that way!), there were soooo many people who showed up, and everyone had such a great time!!

I took a LOT of pictures for our memory book, and I'll share a few of them here, with you...

Years ago we had a paved trail added for the folks. It comes full circle around the home, with a figure '8' shape at the bottom of the hill. We also have a bench down there, if we feel like sitting a spell. Ü These pictures are part of that area. Everyone loves walking this trail! And as you can see here, some prefer to ride!... (I happen to be more of a rider than a walker!) *lol*

You really relax when you walk this trail. And what a great view!! All sorts of wildflowers and trees to enjoy. It's kinda like a labayrinth, you start walking and by the time you come back to the beginning, all your troubles are left behind. Ahhhhh.....
It was quite a long day, and everyone was tired by the time everyone was gone and all the clean-up was done, but Oh, was it ever worth it! Can I really call this a job???!

No comments:

My Loves.....