Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Morning Laziness...

Getting up by 7 a.m. this morning didn't seem to help me accomplish as much as I thought I would by now. I had great plans, but as usual, my plans don't seem to be working out so well. Ever have one of those days when you have so much to get done, but you just can't seem to pry your butt out of your chair?? Well, this is one of those days for me....and waking up with a headache I can't seem to get rid of hasn't helped, either!
As I sit here on my computer, I'm trying to relax (even tho my head's still pounding) and listening to Kitaro music flowing thru the house while I watch the birds at the feeder outside this office window. There seem to be a lot more chickadees than usual this morning. I just love chickadees!! They like to perch on the screen here chattering at each other while they take turns eating the sunflower seeds. My hubby HATES having the feeder so close to the house, but I love it!! I like to keep the window open a little so I can hear them well.
This is the view from where I sit....

Here's the view from the outside of the house (backyard)....

I let the chickens out to roam the yard bright & early this morning. I'm not use to just letting them roam, we've always kept our critters penned up. Hubby needs to build a better outside pen to keep them in. They kept getting out somehow, so last nite after work I just tore down the fence so they could go back inside the building on their own when it got dark. They did! We have skunks and all sortsa critters in these woods who'd just love a taste of my chickens, so I make sure they're safely locked inside at nite. It's not fun trying to catch a bunch of loose chickens and throw them back into the pen just before dark! *lol* I was just following them around and around the barn....and they were a lot faster than I was!

Sunday afternoon I invited all my nieces & nephews over to help me catch all the ducks in their pen and take them to the swamp thru our woods to turn them loose. Oh how fun that was! I think we created a memory for those kids that will last them a lifetime. Ü They'd chase the ducks around the outside pen, the ducks would jump in their pool and splash water everywhere....by the time we were done I think everyone smelled like dirty duck! *lol* But, the kids had fun, and that's the important part, right?? We carried them in a cage to the swamp, and the kids took turns throwing each duck up into the air towards the water so they could be free. Then we just stood there awhile and watched them swim away. Ahhhh.....no more duck mess in MY barn! hehehehe

Today's laundry day. Now THAT'S a never-ending job! Don'tcha just hate laundry?? Laundry and dishes are the worst for me. Speaking of which....I better get busy so I can catch up on this mess!

No comments:

My Loves.....