Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Monday, August 20, 2007

Chek out my new ride...

How's the weather been in your neck of the woods? It's been rainy in mine. Rainy and cold. Sheesh....yesterday and today I've been back in my sweats again! Just last week it was tank tops and shorts and in my bare feet! It's true what they say about Minnesota weather.....you never know from one minute to the next what it's going to be like! Guess I shouldn't complain tho. Right now there are folks in Minnesota who are having flash floods and losing everything they own. Haven't heard of any lives lost, so that's a good thing at least. Just last week, folks even closer to where I live were having winds that ripped off their roof and brought down their trees. Some had golf ball sized hail too. Lots of damage done in some areas, and garden crops broken down and ruined. Such a shame. My prayers go out to all those folks.
On a lighter note...I just got home from a fun (but tiring!) evening at work. My co-worker and I took the girls out to a dance at a local lodge. They had a great time, however I wasn't too impressed with how loud the music was. It was hot in there too. I think I'm just getting too old for that stuff. *lol* But....the girls had a blast!! Their favorite was the Chicken Dance. What a hoot! I have to say I think that was my favorite too, and I was just sitting on the sidelines watching everyone. That was enuf fun for me! ha! The girls were real tired when we got back home, and wanted to go straight to bed! I think they'll sleep good tonite. (I know I will!!) Ü
Well, I gave up on fixing my old car. I've been putting too much money into it for awhile now, and was going to have to put in a new thing-a-ma-jiggy for the coolant stuff before the weather turns to freezing, which was going to cost me ANOTHER five hundred bucks, so I just decided I'd get rid of it and get something more reliable. One thing after another keeps going wrong with it, and it just hit 100,000 miles. I've been putting water in the coolant thingy, but once it starts freezing I can't do that anymore. Didn't have it quite paid off, but I needed to trade it in before it completely quit on me! I wonder what these dealerships do with the more junkier cars they get for trade-ins? I never see them in their lots.
Anyhoo....here's a couple pictures of my new ride.....




I absolutely love it!! It's a 2004, 4-wheel drive Jeep Liberty, and hopefully having the 4 wheel drive will help me with my fear of driving in the winter-time. I'm use to having a front wheel drive car tho, so it's taking me a little getting use to driving this thing. I'm practicing a lot tho! hehe

I made sure my payments and the insurance weren't any worse than what I was already paying for my car, so I think I got a pretty good deal! Not spending any more money than I'm use to every month, but having a MUCH nicer ride! Ü It gets 21-25 mpg, which is a little worse than my car, but well worth it to have everything working and in like-new shape. The heater and air conditioner work, I actually get more than two radio stations, (a lot more!!), and I don't feel every little bump in the road like I use to with my car!

Yep, I think AuntyB is finally movin' on up! Ü

Until next time.....

No comments:

My Loves.....