Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weeds! Weeds! And MORE Weeds!!

HELP!!! I'm drowning in weeds and can't find my way out!
(and here's some pictures to prove it!)





Things have been sooo hectic here at AuntyB's Place since spring first began. Too many projects and just not enough time! Does anyone else have that problem?

Spring started out fairly relaxing and enjoyable....just a little clean-up here and there in the gardens at home and at work.....I really thought I had it all under control! Bought some flowers and other plants, making the gardens all nice and pretty and weed-free. New mulch where it was needed, new birdhouses and other cutsie decorations to put out....you get the idea. Everything got done and looking so nice and pretty. Everything except my herb garden, that is.

Now it's July already, and the garden club is coming on the 29th to tour my gardens. Only problem is, I haven't even TOUCHED my herb garden yet!!! EEeeek!!! You wouldn't believe how tall the weeds are in there! It's actually like SOD in some places! Will I ever get it done in time? Your guess is as good as mine! *lol* I'd like to have a weed-pulling party, but I don't think anyone would come! hehehe

Mom came over for awhile this morning to help me with it. Thanks, Mom!! I took these 'Before' pictures to show you just what kinda mess I'm in right now. As soon as I'm done with the clean-up I'll take some 'After' pics to show you. Since this coming weekend is my last two days off in a row before the garden club comes, the herb garden just HAS to get done before the weekend's over. If it doesn't, it never will.

The plan is to weed the whole thing and then put landscape fabric down thru the walkways, with sawdust on top of that. Believe it or not, just about all these weeds are in the walkways thru my herb garden, they're not in with the plantings. I have rocks around the herb plants.
Can you tell I have a pond in the middle of that mess??? I know it's there, but I can barely see it myself! *lol* Hopefully next year, with the fabric and sawdust down, I won't have this problem. (knock on wood!)

I've had other projects going on at the same time, and I'll post about those later. Barn needed new walls, new paint job, new chicken run needed, rooster was making my hens bald, but hopefully that problem's taken care of now (I'll post some pics of my solution when I post about that), garden shed was a HUGE mess, but that's re-organized just the way I like it now.

How do things pile up so much at once???!!

Anyhoo....that's why I haven't posted here in awhile. I've had so much to catch up on and so many projects that I'd really like to get done that I just can't find the time to do it all! I guess it's because there's just too many things I enjoy doing so I just HAVE to try to fit them all in somehow. I mean, how can you cut back on the things you enjoy? How do you decide where to cut corners? Or what to give up on? That's what I liked about being a stay at home mom. I was always able to keep things just the way I wanted them in the gardens and successfully complete any project my little ole heart desired. Plus I had an even larger veggie garden and I canned all my produce from it. Well, that ain't happenin' anymore! *lol* I REALLY enjoy my job too, so there's no way I'm giving that up, either. Ü

SO WHAT'S A GARDEN GAL TO DO???!!

Until I figure that out, I guess I better just get back out there and pull a few more weeds!

Until next time....

AuntyB

No comments:

My Loves.....