Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Adopting a Soldier

Adopting a Soldier


No matter what your political views are on the current war, our men and women are risking their lives and living in not-so-comfy conditions (to say the least), so our world might gain a little peace. A lot of these soldiers have nobody 'back home' to write to them and let them know our hearts and our prayers are with them, or that 'somebody back home' might actually care if they die. It can be very lonely for them. Imagine yourself being in a dangerous, unfamiliar place and not having contact (or very little contact) with anyone from home.....knowing you could die there, never making it back home to experience the beauty and safety or the warm, cozy bed you once knew. It's hard to imagine being in their situation!

That's why I'm a member of Adopt a US Soldier. All I have to do is write a letter to my soldier once a week. If he or she is able, they'll email me or write me back. I send them pictures sometimes (but you don't have to!), and sometimes (if they can) they'll send pictures to me, too! If I can afford it, I'm allowed to send them a care package of some kind. Sometimes all they need are a couple magazines, maybe some Ritz crackers, simple things like that can make them feel special! It's free to sign up and get your own soldier. All it costs you is one stamp a week and the price of your paper & envelope!

Why not check out their website for yourself and give this some serious thought?! There is a long L-O-N-G list of soldiers who signed up for this who still need someone to write to them!

I help care for some challenged folks, and as a way of helping them show some support to our troops, I signed up for a soldier for each of them. They can't write on their own, so my co-workers and I hold their hands and help them write the letters. It gives a great satisfaction when you can help somebody do something good for someone else! So if you know someone who's not able to write, maybe you could offer to do the same thing for them? Think about it!!

Here's a picture of a friend of mine helping one of our friends write a letter to the soldier he adopted:


Please go check out their website at: http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/

You'll be glad you did! (and so will they!)


~AuntyB~

No comments:

My Loves.....