Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Price You Pay for Cheap Meat

I just saw this video today and wanted to share it with you. It's not for the squeemish, tho. And keep in mind that although this particular video is talking about KFC, it can also be said about other large slaughterhouses and stores/restraunts who buy from them. Ick. Makes me sick to my stomach....and glad that I'm now raising my own or buying locally!

AuntyB

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Beckie! It's Tasha!
I love this post and just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog for a little while and am loving it!

This is the very reason I am so adamant about raising our meat. I've been an ardent boycotter of KFC for about ten years now and believe 100% in ethical treatment in life and in death for animals-EVEN IF ONE IS A MEAT EATER!

My friend is currently in a court battle over a protest she held at the Baxter KFC. She'll win it and that'll be great, but they really don't like it when folks speak out against them!

jodiefloss said...

Dear Aunty B,
I just wanted to drop a line to you to let you know how much I appreciate you carrying my widget "Nature's Cures" on your blog page. It's great to see it appearing on some wonderfully informative sites, your being no exception. United In Spirit, my site from which the information for the widget is stream, is so much better for your kind action of utilising my widget.
Thank You!
In Love and Light,
Jodie
Founder Of United In Spirit
http://unitedinspirit.ning.com/

My Loves.....