Welcome!!

I'm so glad you could stop by! This is where I journal the latest happenings in my home and gardens. My life really isn't that exciting...I just thot it would be fun to journal it!
I'll be posting pics as I journal, so you'll have a visual of the things I write about.


If you'd like, you can subscribe to this journal so you'll recieve an email letting you know whenever I write something new in it. That way you won't have to worry about checking this site every now and then to see if there's something new in it! Ü Just click here:

Subscribe to Aunty B's Place Journal by Email


AuntyB's Place also has a website with lots of information you might find useful. To chek it out, click here:
http://lakesarea.brainerddispatch.com/Groups/AuntyBsPlace

Then there's the yahoo group of the same name...it's an email based group where we share lots of information (via email) on anything to do with our homes and gardens....like recipes, crafts, diy projects, garden info, you name it! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the yahoo group, even if it's just to chit-chat! Ü
If you'd like to join us, just enter your email address & click here:

Farm Bill

Friday, October 26, 2007

Meet Little Bear...



The newest member of our family...
This is Little Bear. He's a 6 month old AKC registered Pomeranian puppy my daughter brought home recently, and with my permission, this time. (out of guilt, actually, but I'll explain that later).....
So far, I think he's a keeper!! Ü He's all black except for some white on the front of his chest.
This little guy is sooo cuddly and sweet that I couldn't help but fall in love with him. Such a gentle, loving little dog!
As most of you know, I HAVE to have my afternoon nap....and as it turns out, so does Little Bear! He cuddles up right next to me on my pillow and falls asleep with me every afternoon. Such a sweetheart! Did I say he's my "daughter's" dog??? hehehe
He's already housebroken, which is great because I'm terrible at teaching that! The only negative thing about this little fella right now is that he's deathly afraid of our black lab, Rossco. He yips and whines when Rossco comes around, or if Bear walks into a room and sees Rossco sitting there...he'll yip, run and hide! Rossco just continues to wag his tail and sniff the little dog, bumping him with his nose to try to get him to play. Rossco just doesn't understand why Little Bear is so intimidated! *lol* I hope he gets use to Rossco pretty soon tho, because Rossco, altho he's a big, 90 pound or so dog, is also an 'inside' dog. He sleeps in the house with us, goes outside when he feels like it, then he's back inside the house again. He's a big baby. I've tried holding Little Bear while petting both dogs, and at least he doesn't whine and shake anymore during that, but as soon as I let go of him, he runs and hides until Rossco goes outside again. Any pointers on getting them to be friends?? I could sure use some!! Ü I don't think he was ever around big dogs before.
About my guilt.....
What happened was, my daughter met someone in town who was trying to get rid of their three puppies, about 6 or 7 weeks old, saying they were going to have to kill them if they didn't find a home for them, so of course, she had to save them all! Sheesh. (I swear it must be on the Internet somewhere that all folks have to do is tell her they're going to kill their pet and she'll take it off their hands!!) *lol*
It seems like every other week she's bringing home some kind of abandoned pet, and while she's at school, then goes to work, then goes to 'hang out' with her friends in her spare time, guess who's taking care of whatever the latest pet is??....and my nerves are shot with that job! I'm no good at teaching them to do their 'duty' outside, (or anything else, for that matter!), so of course, I'm feeding them, holding & comforting them, playing with them, and cleaning up piles and puddles every time I turn around. My old nerves just can't handle that responsibility anymore!
Well, she found homes for two of them, but she didn't try with the third...she decided to keep him! EEeeeekkk!! (I'm pulling my hair out by this time)
Cutest and friendliest little thing I've ever seen. Black and white, was going to be a small dog when full grown, such a neat personality. Bright-eyed. Loves to cuddle....the whole nine yards. I can see how she couldn't resist! BUT....
I was the one taking care of him!! After a couple weeks of that, I overheard a nurse at work talking to someone on the phone about how she was looking for a puppy for her children, and describing this dog to a "T"!! (colors, markings, etc) So, I told her about the puppy, then showed him to her, and she immediately fell in love with him! She went home, told her kids about the puppy, and the next day took him home. I was really happy. I know this family personally, and this really was the perfect dog for them. So I was tickled, explained to my daughter how we 'had' to do this and that it was best for the puppy, and she seemed to understand...
UNTIL....the puppy actually went home to this family. THEN.... my daughter whined around, wanting the puppy back, laying a huge guilt trip on me about how much she really loved this puppy, and driving me absolutely crazy. Well, what was I going to do??? I couldn't take the puppy back from those kids! They were already in love with him!!! So...I agreed to help her find another dog, one that was already housebroken, and that we BOTH agreed to. And within a couple days, we found Bear. Another nurse at work led me to a friend of hers who's a breeder of these kinds of dogs, and WALLA!
So, we agreed to try it out and see how it goes. So far so good, and I am now guilt-free. My daughter has a little dog to love and cuddle and sleep with, and my friend's kids do too!! Wooo-Hoooo!! And best of all....I'm not cleaning anything up!!! Just a little love and attention, but I can handle that! Ü
Now let's just hope this is the end of this on-going saga, and that baby season is over for all pets right now!!
Why don't people get their pets spayed or neutered if they don't want babies from them???!!!!!

No comments:

My Loves.....